Secrets Of An Angel: Erin Heatherton

AS one of the elite few chosen to beVictoria's Secret Angels, Erin Heatherton certainly knows a thing or two about beauty. Genetics obviously play a part, but we asked Heatherton to share her secrets on everything else that contributes to her glossy hair, peachy skin and Disney-princess prettiness - from her ultimate beauty tip to why make-up is "like therapy".
How do you prepare for a Victoria's Secret shoot or show?
I actually have a little routine I do before every shoot. I put a face mask on before bed and make sure I go to sleep early. Then, I get up early and make myself breakfast and get in a workout. We get our hair and make-up done for the day on set, so by working out before the shoot, I'm ready to go out and enjoy my beauty look afterwards!
Do you have any tips or tricks you've picked up from Victoria's Secret shows or shoots?
The trick I picked up that I use the most is applying a highlighter to my brow bone and cheekbones. This gives your skin an instant pick-me-up.
Have you had any hair or beauty disasters?
Last year at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, I was opening the Calendar Girls section of the show and I was supposed to have a hat with my outfit. Right before I was supposed to go out, the hat fell off! I had like 50 bobby pins all over the top of my hair and tried my best to smooth it out as I walked onto the runway.
Are you good at doing your own make-up?
Yes! I love doing my own make-up. The getting-ready process is so feminine to me. I really treasure the beauty process - it's almost like therapy!
Which products do you always have in your make-up bag?
An eye lash curler, VS Make-up Lip Liner in Blushing Nude and NARS Blush in Deep Throat.
How do you look after your skin?
I swear by my Clarisonic Mia 2! I use it every morning when I wake up and every night before bed.
And your hair?
I love products from Ishi Salon and also love Oribe's Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray.
How do you stay healthy?
I make sure I'm getting enough sleep, drinking lots of water and staying away from sodas and sugary drinks. I like to focus on eating healthy and feeling healthy.
What's the best thing about being a Victoria's Secret Angel?
It really is such an experience. You travel to the most beautiful locations and get to work with your best friends, but I think the best part for me is being a part of the Victoria's Secret "family". I always know after a shoot it's see you later, not goodbye.
What's the best beauty advice you've ever been given?
To get your beauty sleep! Getting a good night's sleep really makes the difference.

1 comments: